Pages

Thứ Năm, 26 tháng 9, 2013

Học từ vựng - FEELINGS and EMOTIONS


Vocabulary :
1. I didn't understand any of the questions. I was really confused.
2. A huge dog came running towards me. I was really scared.
3. We're taking the kids to the zoo on saturday. They're really excited.
4. I've got my driving test tomorrow. I'm really nervous.
5. I've been up since half past five. I'm starting to feel really tired.
6. I forgot my Dad's birthday again. I feel so guilty.
7. My Mum and Dad arrived at the club and started dacing. I was so embarrssed.
8. You only say you don't like Steve because you haven't got a boyfriend. You're just jealous.

1. I can't believe I got so drunk. I feel so ashamed.
2. I didn't except the film to be so violent. I was quite shocked by it.
3. Why didn't you phone to say you'd be late? We were very worried.
4. There's a huge spider in the bath. I'm really frightened of them.
5. They talked about computers all evening. I was so bored.
6. I got the results back from the hospital today. They're negative, thank godness! I'm so relieved.
7. When my daughter became a doctor, I was really pleased. I felt so proud.
8. She came home to find we'd organised a big party for her. She was so surprised.

GET + feeling
get a bit tired
get a bit worried
get really excited
get bored
get nervous
get a bit confused
get really jealous
get embarrassed

Extreme feelings
- amzed : kinh ngạc
ex : Did you say you saw people in the sea ?
Yes! In the middle of winter! I was absolutely amazed.
- exhausted : kiệt sức
- stunned : choáng váng
- disgusted : phẫn nỗ 
- horrified : kinh khiếp
ex : Did you read about the murder of that little girl?
Yes, I think the whole country is horrified that that sort of thing can happen.
- terrified : khiếp sợ
ex : You must have been quite frightened when the pilot announced that he was going to land in Kuwait.
I was absolutely terrified. 

Dependent prepositions 
afraid, ashamed, proud, tired     OF
nervous, worry, guilty                ABOUT

Expressions 
I can't be bothered : đừng phiền tôi.
I went bright red : tôi đỏ cả mặt.
I was scared stiff : tôi chết cứng.
I can't wait : tôi không chờ được.
I couldn't believe my eyes : không thể tin vào mắt mình.

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét