Pages

Thứ Tư, 25 tháng 9, 2013

Học từ vựng : HAPPY or SAD


Vocabulary :



I'm a bit disappointed. 
I'm not very happy.
I couldn't done better.









We're absolutely delighted.
We're absolutely ecstatic.
We're absolutely thrilled.






I'm very pleased with it.
It's just what I want.
I'm glad you like it.






She's very upset.
She's very unhappy.
She's absolutely heartbroken.





He's depressed.
He's miserable.
He's really fed up.




Idiomatic expressions
1. We won 3-0 today. It was a great result. We're over the moon.
2. My Dad was killed in a car accident when he was 30. It broke my mother's heart.
3. When we heard we'd managed to get tickets for their only UK concert, we were jumping for joy.
4. I knew she was upset, but it took me by surprise when she suddenly burst into tears.
5. I can't believe how lucky I am. I'm so happy. I'm on top of the world. 

Some expressions you use to say your friend when they are happy or sad
Happy :
- Congratulations !
- Well done !
Sad :
- What's the matter ? = What's up ?
- I feel a bit sorry for you.
- Cheer up !
- I'm really sorry to hear that. = I'm so sorry.
- That's a pity. = What a shame !

Formal comments
1. It gives me great pleasure to Verb : rất hân hạnh được ...
2. He was overcome with grief, : anh ấy đã kiệt sức vì đau buồn
3. We wish you great joy and happiness in your future life together. : Chúc hai bạn trăm năm hạnh phúc.
4. Is was with great sadness that : thật đau lòng ...
5. I was a huge disappointed to Noun : vô cùng thất vọng về ...
6. One can see the misery this war has caused on every street corner. Ai cũng có thể thấy được những tan thương mà chiến tranh để lại trên từng ngõ ngách.  

1 nhận xét: